The role and aims of the PSA are as follows:
- provide opportunities for parents and carers to meet staff and management, as well as other parents and carers.
- support the school through fundraising, helping to organise and run social events and keeping parents informed of school events.
- act as a link between Highgate Wood School families and the school’s senior leadership team raising school issues.
The PSA is run by a Steady Committee of 13 members – 12 parents and carers of children currently at the school and school representative, at present, Tristan Ashman (Assistant Headteacher). The committee meets every half term to discuss specific issues and events concerning the school and organise social events and fundraising activities.
We have PSA General Meetings each term where all are welcome. These meetings can include a talk by staff at the school, guest specialist lectures from different fields, which could include e-safety and cyber bulling, how to support students through the stress of exams or understanding the teenage brain.
We also include updates on PSA funding projects, diary date information and a PSA lottery draw. The evenings are also a great chance to meet attending staff on an informal basis and get to know the school better.
Headteacher Patrick Cozier writes:
The PSA is a highly valued group at HWS. The work that they have done in supporting the school and being a conduit for dialogue between staff and parents is second to none. The relationship we have is excellent. The impact on their work in terms of fundraising, contributing funds to support specific projects or initiatives that benefit our students and promoting a positive image of the school has been outstanding. They remain a consistent and important contributor to our continued success as a school. I am immensely grateful for what they do!
Events and Dates
Content to be added here
Stay in Touch
- Join our Mailing List
- Volunteer – to volunteer email us at (email tbc)
- Join our committee – email us at email@example.com to enquire about joining the committee
- Second hand uniform and lost property – email Gail Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us on email@example.com
We have a Facebook group to be used as an easy way to communicate to parents and carers at the school about PSA activities and for you to communicate with us. We appreciate not all parents are on Facebook or Twitter, but for those who are, it would be great if you could join the group and spread the word amongst the HWS parent/carer network you know.
Our Facebook group is a private group so you will need to send a join request, but we will try and approve those as quickly as possible to get you up and running. Please also read the description once you join as there are some common sense rules for all members of this group.